Do you have any extra ripe bananas at home? If you don’t feel like eating it anymore then you can use it for baking! Extra ripe bananas are actually the perfect ingredient for a nice loaf of banana cake. But before we get into the recipe, let’s start with a few basics first. Banana cake or banana bread is a type of baked good that is usually moist and sweet, and made with mashed ripe bananas. It is usually served plain, but occasionally some people will decide to top it with frosting or other toppings. Although the normal banana cake recipe is already incredibly delicious, some people like to alter the recipe a little to have some extra additions in it, like chocolate chips or fruits. There are even other variations catered for the more health-conscious ones or people with allergies, like gluten-free banana cake, vegan banana cake, sugar-free banana cake, keto banana cake, and many others. With so many different varieties, there are many choices you can choose from if you want to have banana cake for teatime!
Steamed Banana Cake
- Smash the 300g banana to paste, then add in 3 eggs and stir it well. Use an egg beater to beat it for 1 minute.
- Add in 30g sugar, continue to beat it for 2 minutes. Add in the banana paste and beat it until well mixed.
- Add in 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and beat it until well mixed.
- Add 125g flour, beat it until well mixed. Add in 35g oil, stir it until well mixed.
- Brush the inside of the mold with oil and pour in the batter.
- Place a layer of plastic wrap to cover the mold and use a toothpick to make some small hole of it.
- Steam it for 40 minutes.
- Use a knife to slice around the edges of the mold, and turn it upside down to take out the cake.
Did you make this recipe?
Voila! Now your delicious and moist banana cake is ready to be served! With our guidance, you can get yourself a failed-proof and yummy dessert. Take the pressure off yourself and bake worry-free. But if your desserts aren’t turning out the way it should, don’t hesitate to ask for help in our friendly community group! We are always ready to tend to your baking needs.