Hi mademoiselle, please delight yourself in the most fashionable French Dessert which is well known around the world – The French Petit Choux It is filled with delish Chantilly Cream and honey between the craquelins.
French Petit Choux
- Combine water, butter and sugar and let it boil
- Once boil add in flour and stir vigorously
- Stir the dough until congealed and let it cook for 2 minute.
- Rest the dough until room temperature.
- Once cooled add the eggs and mix until fully combined
- Pipe it depending on the prefered size
- Combine all the ingredient and add any desired colouring.
- Let the dough chill.
- Once chilled roll it and using round cookie cutter cut the dough the same size as the piped choux.
- Place it in top and bake in 200c oven for 10 minute and lower the heat to 180c and bake it until golden brown.
- Beat the whipping cream with 70g of the honey.
- Beat until stiff peak and transfer it into a piping bag.
- Chill it in chiller until it is ready to be used
- Cut the top of the craquelin and then pipe a little bit of the cream
- After that spoon some of the remaining honey inside the pastry.
- Top it of with the remaining cream.
- Close it with the cut craquelin.
- Decorate it with some drop of honey and gold flake.
You should give this choux pastry a try! We even filled it with Comvita Malaysia Manuka Honey to enhance its taste.
We collaborate with Comvita Malaysia Manuka Honey to create this awesome recipe.
Did you love this information? Give us a review~
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!