DING! THE BATTLE BEGINS.
PURE BUTTER VS BUTTER BLEND IN BAKING… WHO WILL WIN? It’s Pure Butter! Why?
- Has more fragrance
- Gives baked goods a nice aroma
- Does not have strong buttery taste that overpowers your baked goods
Butter Blend is more appropriate for frying and basting. Now you know which to use and when!
Pure Butter And Butter Blend Are Completely Different!
Pure butter is made of cream that has been churned to separate the fat from the buttermilk. Pure butter is made of butter fat and the fat content is about 80% which is high.
Butter blend is butter that has been mixed with margarine. It contains lower saturated fat content. Margarine is a processed vegetable oil which is added with a stabilizer to bind water molecules. Then to produce a butter blend, margarine is mixed with pure butter.
Butter VS Butter Blend
|Work well in creaming method in baking||Harder to achieve creaming method in baking|
|Contains saturated fat & cholesterol||Combination with vegetable oil which offers a lower calorie count|
|Harder to spread straight from the fridge||Easily spread straight from the fridge|
When to Use Pure Butter
- Pure butter especially unsalted butter is perfect in baking.
- Butter contains residues of buttermilk which is good in baking bread! It is because the butter will melt and water will evaporate thus creating extra puffs for your bread to expand and making it extra fluffy!
- The dairy taste of butter is universal which means it can be mixed and paired with anything.
When to Use Butter Blend
- Butter blend is good for frying because the smoke point of a butter mix is a lot higher.
- Thanks to the margarine which helps to increase the smoke point, your deep fried chicken will taste a lot better.
- Butter blend is also good in basting a chicken. So if you are making a big dinner chicken, it is recommend to use butter blend.
Share this with your friends and family too!
Did you love this information?
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!